HACA strives to provide comprehensive support to the Haitian community and other ethnic groups in the greater Chicago area. Our services offered to the community currently include:
- HIV prevention education
- Emergency food, shelter, and clothing assistance
- Immigration assistance and translation assistance
- Family social services
- Job placement and referral services
- Public Aid assistance
- Housing advocacy and referral services
- Job Skills Education and Training
- How to search the Internet for jobs
- Job interviewing skills
- How to create a job-winning resume
- Basic software
- Self-marketing skills
HACA is approved by the Greater Chicago Food Depository to purchase quantities of food (U.S.D.A. items and some consumable goods) at a discounted rate.
The food is stored in our pantry with distribution to those in need upon request. In addition to food, we stock some personal hygiene items.
We encourage all who are in need to visit the center to obtain the items they need.
If you live in the Chicagoland area and would like to be a member of HACA, print the form below, complete it and mail it to:
Haitian American Community Association
1637 W. Morse Ave.
Chicago, IL 60626
Be sure to include your annual membership fee as well. We thank you so very much.